Grilled prawns are a very easy dish to make. It served on big occasions. Also, it is a grilled prawn recipe, for which you will have to spend very little time in the kitchen. Let’s discover how to grill prawns.
Taking into account that to make the recipe for grilled prawns, one of the most important factors is the quality of the ingredients. This will depend on the success of your dish. Try using fresh prawns. Don’t use frozen prawns, except if it’s the only option. In advance, I expect that the result will not be the best. Let’s start the grilled prawn recipe.
How to grill prawns?
- 12 prawns
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chili pepper
- 2 branches of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- Grain salt or fat salt to taste
To start, let’s peel the garlic cloves and chop them fine.
- We will also wash and chop the chili pepper, often. We will remove the seeds if we want a less spicy touch.
- In the case of parsley, we will wash it thoroughly and separate the leaves, which we will then chop gently, with the help of a sharp knife.
- To continue, we will get iron or pan and heat in it a large spoonful of butter, over a minimal heat.
- It is important that the fire is low and that we monitor the butter constantly to make sure it melts but does not burn. You should keep your yellow color and for no reason, switch to coffee.
- When the butter is melted, we will add the garlic. We will let it cook for two minutes, constantly stirring, so that the butter is impregnated with the flavor.
- Next, we will add the parsley and chili pepper. We will mix everything well.
- We will cook for another minute. Then we will put the prawns on the plate or pan. They must be clean, ready to cook. We will move them on the iron so that they are impregnated with the butter and the ingredients we have just cooked. We will turn them over and make sure they don’t overlap each other.
- We will increase the heat to medium intensity and pour the wine over the prawns. We will let them cook for another minute and turn them over. The cooked side must have already taken an orange-reddish hue.
- Now we will give them cook the last minute and make sure they don’t have any gray parts left.
- We will remove them from the heat and place them on a large plate, to serve. We will season them with a touch of salt, to taste, before bringing them to the table.
Tips for grilled prawns recipe
I recommend preparing grilled prawns using tiger, Japanese, jumbo, or striped prawns. If you are not such a spicy fan, you can use only 1/4 of chili pepper or even remove it from the recipe.
You can also prepare prawns with lemon, instead of using wine. If you prefer to do this, do not use the lemon for cooking them, but to spray them before serving them, when sprinkling them with salt. Another option is to use brandy or cognac instead of wine, to get a stronger flavor.