Learn how to make plum jam at home with a recipe from one of our Facebook followers. And remember, if you want your recipe to be featured next week, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we accept your submissions as a part of a promotional campaign we are running with The Marketing Heaven. With this recipe, take advantage of the plum season, follow the recipe step by step and make jam for the whole year. Keep it in sterilized boats or freeze it.
How to make plum jam at home?
The plums are usually in season in summer (June, July, and August) although according to the varieties they can be found from May to September. With this same recipe, you can prepare a delicious jam of red plums or any other type.
- 500 gr of plums of the type you prefer. In this case, I have chosen yellow plums, but with red or any other variety, the jam is also phenomenal. If they are mature, it is better but not essential.
- 200 gr of white sugar.
- The juice of 1/2 lemon (around 40-50 ml).
- Wash the plums with cold water and dry them.
- Open them in half with a knife to extract the bone and put the plums in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon and strain its juice so that it does not contain seeds.
- Pour the lemon together with the sugar and mix well with the plums. Let them stand for 1 hour.
- Pour the whole mixture of the bowl into a pot, turn on the heat so that it is at medium temperature and as soon as the mixture begins to boil, lower the temperature so that it is soft and let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes. During the process every 10 minutes, you can split the plums a little with a spoon so that they are falling apart.
- The total time will depend on the temperature of the fire and also how you like the texture of the jam. I like that it can be spread without problems on the toast so when it took almost 40 minutes and when moving it I still felt a little liquid I have removed it from the fire, since when it cools it solidifies more and it is a shame that it remains too much later dry
- This jam need not be crushed since the plums are almost completely undone and the only thing left in the form of pieces are the skins, but they are barely noticeable, they are very tender.
- This time is used for this amount of jam since if you prepare more or less, you would have to cook it a different time, especially if we talk about huge quantities.
Before it cools, store it in glass containers. I recommend you to carry out the canning process or store it in several small pots and freeze them. In the fridge, it lasts a long time. I would not know how to say how many but for sure weeks.
Time: 1 hour
Serve and taste
Save the preserved jam in the way you prefer according to what I have said at the end of the recipe, and if you liked it next time, you can prepare much more at once, giving it more time to cook and until you see it It is ready, and keep it throughout the year either frozen or preserved.