Cutting vegetables is not, in itself, difficult at all; Perhaps that is why many do not usually stop to think about the best techniques to do it. However, using good cutting techniques can save us a lot of time and make our work easier, so we assure you that they are worth learning.
Frying potatoes or cooking them in the oven is easy, but you will agree that not all French fries are the same. Each recipe or cook has its way of doing things. Even the most basic dishes can be spectacular. Often the difference is in steps we take for granted. In this article, we tell you how to cut sweet potatoes into wedges? step by step so that they cook to their perfect point and have an irresistible garnish. If you’ve always wanted to make the classic deluxe restaurant potatoes, read on!
How to cut sweet potatoes into wedges?
To cut potatoes into wedges correctly, the first step is to look at the potatoes that we buy in the market. You have to choose them that are not so big and more or less the same size. This is a key point, since this way the segments of a similar size will be left and, therefore, the flavor and the cooking will be equal in all of them. That of finding a raw or bland potato will not happen to us.
As always, we are going to wash the potatoes well, using the scrubber if necessary. The important thing is that it is free of dirt or any dirt that may remain. It is best to prepare the potatoes in wedges with skin. Plus, it’s more nutritious!
The first thing you should do is cut the potato in half, making a cut lengthwise. In this way, the segments will not be too thick and will have the shape we are looking for. They will cook better and have more of the skin in this way.
Then cut both halves in half. Again, this depends on the potato’s size and whether we want the thinner slices.
We can cook or fry the potatoes in various ways. Without a doubt, this baked potato cut is a great choice. First, because by not carrying so much oil, they are much healthier. Second, because they are a crunchy heart attack! Here we give you this simple recipe for baked potato wedges.
7-10 medium potatoes (about the size of a fist, or slightly smaller)
5 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for ten minutes.
- Paint the base of a source of oil. Use a brush or a paper napkin.
- Cut the segments according to the steps that we have indicated above and place them in the source.
- Add a dash of olive oil to them. It doesn’t have to be a lot. With more or less all the potatoes being stained in oil, that’s fine. Now sprinkle the rosemary on top. You can shake the tray a little so that the oil is distributed through all the segments or distribute it with your hands.
- Baked! Lower the temperature a bit and let them cook for about 15 minutes.
- After this time, you can stir them a little with a wooden shovel. Close the oven, put it in gratin mode and raise the temperature again.
A little trick for the end: Grate some very fine Parmesan on top of the potatoes before they cool.