A seafood pan roast is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any seafood lover. It’s a one-pan meal that combines a variety of seafood with flavorful ingredients such as butter, white wine, and herbs. This recipe will guide you through the process of making a classic seafood pan roast that is sure to impress your guests.
- 2 lbs of mixed seafood (such as scallops, shrimp, and crab meat)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of chicken or fish stock
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to the skillet and let it melt.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and chicken or fish stock to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the thyme and cayenne pepper (if using) to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the seafood to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the seafood until it is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- If using, add the heavy cream to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the sauce, has thickened.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Some facts to know
What kind of seafood can I use in this recipe?
You can use a variety of seafood for this recipe such as scallops, shrimp, crab, and lobster, and also you can add some fish such as cod, halibut, or salmon.
Can I use any other type of liquid other than white wine?
Yes, you can substitute white wine with other liquids such as fish stock or chicken broth to give it a different taste.
How can I serve the seafood pan roast?
The seafood pan roast can be served over a bed of rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes. You can also serve it with some fresh bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
How long can I store leftovers?
If you have any leftovers, it’s best to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be stored for up to 3 days.
Seafood is a healthy and nutritious choice for a meal. It’s high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for heart health. It’s also a low-calorie and low-fat option. This recipe uses butter, which is a source of healthy fats. White wine and herbs add flavor and have antioxidant properties.
Seafood pan roast is an easy, delicious, and healthy meal that can be served in a variety of ways. It is packed with flavor, nutrition, and healthy ingredients. You can make it with different types of seafood and adjust the recipe to your taste preference. It’s a great dish for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner.
The combination of seafood, butter, white wine, and herbs creates a unique and delicious flavor that will impress your guests and make them ask for more. Remember to serve it with some fresh bread to soak up the delicious sauce or some carbohydrates to make it a complete meal.
Hi there! My name is Thomas, and I’m a baker, chef, and outdoor cook with a passion for creating delicious meals and sharing my recipes with others. I’ve always loved spending time in the kitchen, whether I’m whipping up a batch of cookies or grilling up some burgers in the backyard.
In addition to cooking and baking, I also enjoy writing about my culinary adventures. I love sharing my recipes and cooking tips with others, and I hope that my blogs can inspire people to get creative in the kitchen. Whether I’m sharing a recipe for my famous chocolate chip cookies or giving tips on how to grill the perfect steak, I always strive to provide useful and enjoyable content for my readers.
When I’m not in the kitchen or writing, you can usually find me exploring the great outdoors. I love to camp, hike, and spend time in nature, and I always try to incorporate a bit of the outdoors into my cooking as well. Whether I’m cooking over a campfire or grilling up some veggies from my backyard garden, I always find a way to bring a bit of the outdoors into my culinary creations.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy my recipes and cooking tips!