At home, we go a lot with the season since we spend the winter with the hottest and most comforting spoon dishes. But as soon as summer arrives we only want new things. With natural ingredients and also that need little preparation. There is no need for light the fires of the oven in the kitchen. Let’s see the Salmorejo recipe.
Tasty salmorejo recipe
Among our favorites are the famous gazpacho, the ajoblanco and of course the salmorejo, which is the protagonist of this recipe. It is more than a method, is a suggestion of presentation to not always repeat the classic accompaniment of hard-boiled egg and Serrano ham.
Ingredients for preparing salmorejo:
- 1 liter of Salmorejo Santa Teresa.
- 150 gr of mozzarella in small balls.
- 5 canned anchovies (approximately half a can).
- 1 tablespoon caper dessert.
- 4 black olives without bone.
- 1 avocado Ideally, it should not be green and hard, nor very creamy, but in the middle.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- The first thing we are going to do is prepare the mixture. To do this, remove the anchovies from the can, ensuring that they are not too impregnated in oil.
- Cut the anchovies into thin strips across the width.
- Chop the capers with a knife so that they are in small pieces.
- Do the same with the olives, finely chop them.
- Put the anchovies in a bowl together with the capers and olives and two tablespoons of olive oil. Now, mix everything well with a spoon.
- Open the avocado, take out its meat with the help of a soup spoon, and cut it into cubes.
Now you can prepare the dishes of salmorejo. Choose dishes not too deep so that the mozzarella balls are not too deep and cover them with salmorejo.
- Place the mozzarella balls scattered, about 5 for each dish.
- Sprinkle a few pieces of avocado around the mozzarella.
- With a teaspoon, see the anchovy, capers, and olives hash scattered on the plate.
Time: 10 minutes
Serve and taste:
Ideally, the salmorejo is very cold, fresh from the fridge when you serve it on the plates. You can even put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes before using it to make it even more relaxed.
Serve the salmorejo dishes accompanied by the mozzarella, the avocado, and the hash and enjoy the contrasts of flavor and texture.
Variants of the salmorejo recipe:
We will always have to accompany the salmorejo in the traditional way that is with serrano ham in taquitos, chopped hard-boiled egg and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. A point of freshly ground black pepper is also high. You can even accompany it with crunchy pieces of vegetables such as red pepper, green pepper or cucumber, and even crusty bread cubes.
The Salmorejo recipe can also be used to dress salads and accompany vegetable or pasta dishes and even meats and fish. If for this use you want to turn it into a thicker and more forceful sauce, you only have to crush it together with some nuts. For example, roasted almonds or hazelnuts, until you get the texture you are looking for.