Black pudding and apple croquettes, are a perfect combination! One of the star dishes of Spanish gastronomy is croquette, with its juicy interior and crunchy exterior. This recipe allows us to take advantage of leftovers from other dishes and try combinations of ingredients that we may not be able to enjoy otherwise. Therefore, there are endless croquettes with black pudding recipes that exist.
On this occasion, we have prepared some delicious black pudding croquettes with apple, a recipe that offers us a truly incredible contrast of salty and sweet. Discover how to make black pudding and apple croquettes and surprise your guests with a different appetizer.
Black pudding recipe
- Ingredients to make black pudding and apple croquettes:
- 180 grams of blood sausage
- 1 apple
- 40 grams of flour
- 40 grams of butter
- 400 milliliters of milk
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams of breadcrumbs
- 1 glass of oil for frying
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Peel the apple and cut half into small pieces. Also, remove the skin from the blood sausage and crumble or chop it.
- Take a large frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and, when hot, sauté the black pudding and apple. If you want, you can add a pinch of sugar to make the black pudding and caramelized apple croquettes. Trick: if the blood sausage has onion, it is not necessary to put it, but if it does not have one, you can poach half an onion before sautéing the blood sausage.
- Add 40 g of butter and let it melt. Once discarded, add the flour and stir so that it cooks a little.
- Heat the milk in the microwave. When it is hot, add a part of the milk, stir until it is integrated, and continue adding milk until it is a smooth and thick dough detached from the pan. Taste salt and rectify if necessary. You can add pepper or a little nutmeg, but very little if you want to enhance the flavor of the black pudding and apple croquettes. Transfer the dough to a source and let it cool in the fridge.
- When the dough is cold, prepare a plate with the breadcrumbs and another with the beaten eggs. Form the croquettes with two spoons or your own hands, giving them the shape you like best. Then, pass them first through the egg and then through the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of oil. When hot, fry the black pudding and apple croquettes in small batches to prevent sticking. You should cook them until they are golden brown.
- Place the croquettes on a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
- When all the croquettes are ready, transfer them to a platter and serve. You can enjoy this delicious recipe for black pudding and apple croquettes during the aperitif accompanied by your favorite sauce.